Tuesday 20 January 2009

In the beginning!

Hello world,

Welcome to my blog, I think you ought to be very impressed with yourself because the Christopher Columbus inside you has just navigated you, to these uncharted pages of the ever expanding world that is the Internet. Maybe you were bored or maybe I asked you to come look when I saw you earlier today in which case "Hi again, thanks for coming to have a look, you are a real friend most wouldn't have even bothered, sincerely thank you." If you were bored and just looking for something to catch your eye I think you've just hit the jackpot, read on.

Now that I've got you where I want, feeling keen and ready to find out what this is all about I shall jump straight to it.

Who am I?
I am 25 and am in the process of discovering what it is that I really enjoy doing. (Leisure/hobby-wise whatever you call it)
Have you ever played basketball? Excellent game but not enough courts around to have a real game.
Squash? - Again excellent but at £5 for a visit to the gym it is an expense past time. Also needs any equally committed partner
Jogging?- I find it boring, to me it is just listening to myself getting tired.
Playing guitar - It is good but being a new beginner (did not do music at school) the skill takes while to pickup (to put it lightly).
Programming - need time, skill and loads (to emphasise it there) of practice!

Believe me the list goes on, in fact, one of the things I haven't tried is ventriloquy??? I have tried a few things, if you get my drift?

I would be interested if you've ever embarked on such a journey? This is because I find a myself fascinated by lot and attempting my fair share of hobbies/projects but getting deflated when I can't take it any further due to lack of skill/funds etc, does that mean I am not good enough or just not trying hard enough? A question for Aristotle there.
(before you call me rubbish, I'll have you know that I do consider myself better than the average!)

The vision
These pages are to be the buoys of my personal development. My ambition is to jot down my thoughts, ideas and opinions in hope that at some later date, they shall be beacons that I can look back upon to help me try to quantify what I've learnt. (It sounds like I am about start an online degree, maybe I am!)

The mission
I would like to develop skills in writing, reading and speaking by practice and this is to be one of the platforms I shall do that on. The others I shall think of...soon.. I think...to be honest I hope. At the moment I think it is these three areas that I seem to enjoy exploring and hence my decision to exploit this interest and see how far I can take it.

In summary,
I think that even if it is not possible to go all the way to a Wimbledon title with my hobby, even though I quit on the way, I will have gained some useful insight and appreciation of what the pros have had to fight through.

Hope to see you at the next one. And hopefully you see the potential in this endeavor!

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment